Sunday, January 3, 2010

Feeling Good

Happy New Year! To quote Nina Simone:

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good

I spent the first weekend of the new year scrapbooking with my best friend. We started a tradition of scrapbooking for our birthdays which are in January. It felt good to get some stuff done. We attended the annual retreat in November and it's easy to get a lot accomplished there with no distractions. For several weeks after the retreat I was scrapbooking at home as well; I even made some ornaments to send to my in-laws. (Thanks to Pinky for the awesome idea and tutorial!)

It would seem that my dry spells are getting shorter, which is nice. I needed a reminder how much I loved my hobby. I'm also a bit of a perfectionist, so at times that has prevented me from just sitting down to work. So I threw perfection out the window and challenged myself to make pages or whatever else with just my scraps I've collected. It got me out of my rut! I will post some pictures soon.

I will close for now. Thanks for joining me. Happy Scrapping.

0 comments: